Baz Bus for Paragliders
What Is Baz Bus?
- Baz Bus is a unique hop-on hop-off, door-to-door bus service between the backpacking hostels around South Africa.
- Simply buy one ticket to your final destination and get on and off as many times as you want, wherever you want, with no time limit.
- Our buses are 22 - seater semi-luxury buses, all with on-board TV & videos, and trailers capable of carrying surfboards and bicycles.
- Baz Bus runs in each direction between Cape Town and Johannesburg / Pretoria with stops along the coast.
Dolphin Paragliding recommends Baz Bus for travelling paragliders who want to backpack and fly while travelling South Africa to use this convenient and cheap method of travelling.
Baz Bus travels to many towns with backpackers that are close to paragliding sites.
Top Ten Locations:
1. Dana bay paragliding site, an epic ridge soaring site 3km from town.
2. Hartenbos, great low dune site, only 5km from Mossel Bay central.
3. Map of Africa, majestic ridge soaring site overlooking the Wilderness beach.
4. Wilderness Beach Hotel, 4km of cliffs to enjoy the day with.
5. Gerickes point, panoramic site overlooking the beautiful Gerickes bay, epic ridge soaring.
6. Sedgeview, the best coastal thermic site in the world, overlooking the ocean, lakes and rivers of Sedgefield.
7. Brenton on Sea, wonderful easy ridge soaring site with views onto Buffalo Bay.
8. Piesangs Valley, in town, great site.
9. Uplands, 15km out of Plettenberg Bay, great thermic site.
10. The Bluff, great ridge soaring site, close to city centre.