Sedgefield Paragliding - Cloud 9 Launch Site ( SAHPA registered site)
Sedgeview is a great site that works most days & some days it can really be strong thermic conditions. The site is controlled by the owner and all pilots must pay the fees before flying . Its one of the best sites for Tandem flights in South Africa and is centrally situated in the Garden Route not far from Kynsna . Very good site for training we use it for thermic training on our Basic licence course. Pay at the Shell garage in Sedgefield .
- Max 1400 m ASL
- Do not fly past the Pine trees 1.5 km to the West as the residents have objected to low flying Paragliders.
- Parking space at take-off is limited, so please double up where possible.
- Do not scratch close to the tree as it can become quite turbulent.
- Watch out for sudden increases in wind speed.
- Before attempting any Cross Country flights make sure that you have a designated recovery driver.
- Read signboard
Contact: Deon 072 1990622
GPS coordinates: 34° 0'21.65"S 22°47'37.64"E
For more information, YouTube videos, Pics and Reviews, Click the link under Launch Sites.